Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Individuals.

There's a comfort in being connected to others around us; others who we can find fellowship with. It makes sense that the more we are like Christ, and the more we seek to be more like Him, the more we are connected and comfortable with ourselves and with our lives.

I've been thinking about the individual relationships with Christ that we've come to know.
Though I've attended church my whole life, and have dedicated my life to Him, I don't think I truly connected the importance of individuality and fellowship with others of our relationship with Christ as a believer until I was about eighteen years old. I met a lot of friends at that age that I know have helped me to be where I am today spiritually and mentally. It was the first point in time I felt connected with others. The fun adventures and events we always got ourselves into, the long hours of conversation that made me think and made me develop a true sense of fellowship with other believers. I found sincerity in those conversations, in the friendships I still hold onto today. There was sincerity by being able to confess my faults and struggles and not feel judged. To feel vulnerable, but know that it is safe in their hands.

Our relationship with Christ is unique and unlike any other. We can feel safe in His arms with our struggles, trust Him with every decision, and let Him naturally guide us with His wisdom.
I very much like the unmistaken similarities that are seen between how we're to treat others with the life of Jesus. These "small" things can easily be missed; the blessing upon blessing that Christ gives if we don't believe in Him. And isn't that what we yearn for? That others know Him and experience that our spiritual death is so that He may live in us, and we may be fruitful and loving.

There are days when I spend a lot of time discouraged with myself, with my sin and insecurities. But Christ died so He could wash away that negativity that drags us into the dirt. He died so we would be free of ourselves and of all the worldly things that tie us down.
When we're having a bad day, how can we not come back to reality and be joyful of what has been done?

Let's choose to be new creations. Let's choose freedom in Christ.

Romans 8:1-4
"1There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."


With Utmost Love&Peace,
Lindsay


No comments: