Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm right here! Not over there.

The past few weeks I feel as though I've been sulking about the way things are going, like I should feel guilty about taking a different route for a little while. I'm really happy to be using my imagination, and creating new things and giving them to my friends and family. I made about 90 percent of Christmas gifts this past year, and I felt so good about my accomplishment in doing so.
It can take so much longer to make something for a friend, but making it and giving it is part of my joy. I love the smiles and excitement that comes from giving someone something I personally handmade with time, love and eagerness to give it.

It's time I give myself more credit and seek God in where He wants me, and where ever I am, to be patient, joyful, and thankful.
It's okay for me to be making earrings, headbands, cards, and other miscellaneous things to sell for another source of income. I shouldn't feel so guilty about the loan payments I have for Massage Therapy school just because I am not currently in that mode. I can easily forget how young I am.

I don't want to disappoint or upset my family by not working my massage therapy career, but it has been revealed to me that through my struggle of guidance and this guilt, I have sinned and have not followed God eagerly in the direction He wants me, because I have been afraid and confused.
I took Professional Massage Training Center very seriously, and through that year I became a woman. I was thousands of miles away from my fiance. I met mentors, teachers, and friends who inspire me, and who changed the way I looked at myself as an individual and as a professional. I found joy in helping others with their pain. I found confidence and assurance in myself as I found my identity in Christ.

I still believe God has placed Massage Therapy and the passion for it in my life for so many reasons.

At this moment, I am where I am, doing what I am doing and I must always remember joy.
Thank you Justine W. for all your encouragement, which has helped me greatly. :)

Love&Peace,
Lindsay

Jeremiah 29:8-14

Yes, this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. 9 They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them," declares the LORD.

10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."





1 comment:

Justine said...

I loved hearing about this all the other day and sorry we had to cut it short. We should make it either a weekly or once every two week thing.

I have full confidence that God is leading you in a GREAT direction right now. YOU are amazing nonetheless, and he has good things in store.