Monday, January 18, 2010

His calling is our calling.

I have been thinking a lot about those in Haiti. I feel like I should be giving more effort towards prayer than I have. To be absolutely honest, I feel like my heart needs to be broken.
I feel like my heart has arrived late. A heart that is soft and eager. It was no one's fault but my own.

It may be that I haven't read much into the Haiti situation, because I have started a new job and am still getting used to it. But that isn't an excuse.
I think God has been tugging more on my heart this week over the people in Haiti, to have a soft and willing heart to pray and pray and pray for those we may not know, but they are our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have never experienced poverty, or have never had to thirst and hunger for water and food for days. I have never had all of my belongings, including my home taken away from me through a natural disaster. I have never experienced the loss of my close family and friends.
Jesus experienced disregard, trials and pain. We are called to shower others with the same Love and empathy Jesus showered the world with.

1 Corinthians 11:1-2:
"Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you."



Love&Peace,
Lindsay

No comments: