Saturday, December 12, 2009

Deck the doors with cheer and jolly...

Fa la la laa la laa la la la laa!





















































My friend Justine and I had a fun craft day together the other day with
chocolate covered raisins, and green tea. We searched for acorns and pine cones,
in the park beside my apartment and though we didn't find many acorns,
we found a plethora of pine cones.

I used a little bit of glue, glitter, yarn and vintage inspired postcards
Grammy Douglas gave to me last Christmas. It was a real fun day while the rain came,
not to mention we watched the first Twilight, because I hadn't seen it before.
I have to say I wasn't really impressed with the acting or use of music throughout
the movie, but it was still amusing to watch...aaand when the second is out on dvd,
I may give it a try.
Just thought I'd let you in on that secret.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. I have a lot of gifts to make, cards to make
and write, and I have been putting it off for no reason. Sometimes I feel like my mind
is in another place. I think it's the fact that I feel lost on certain days, when I have
been out of a routine for so long. But I want a routine, I would like to start exercising
after Christmas with Matt, and for it to be part of our regular routine.
I applied to Michaels craft store in Goleta.If I get a job there, I'm going to be very excited!

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loudly for all to hear.."
Love that movie. I've watched it twice already.
I placed a fine amount of Christmas movies on our netflix account to be mailed to us.
I wanted to start a couple of Christmas traditions for Matt and I since we are a family now.
It's been hard for me to not have a tree to put up, and decorations everywhere in front
of a warm fireplace, but going home this year is going to be such a big relief. So, watching
a list of Christmas movies is one, and the other, which we haven't done yet, is to make cut out
sugar cookies, and decorate them with icing and sprinkles and such! Maybe it seems like a kid
activity, but I feel like a child during the holiday season. I'm not sure if it will always stay
that way, but I do know I like feeling warm and cheerful inside.


Love & Peace,
Lindsay











1 comment:

Justine said...

LOVE the final product.