Monday, May 11, 2009

68 days! That's 2 months!

I kind of feel helpless out here in California since all of my wedding planning is back home. I feel like there is so much to do, but invites were finally sent out a couple of days ago thanks to my Mom!
I can't believe I'm going to be leaving home permanently in a couple months. I have so many memories that have been established there. I don't know my way around my own town as much as I should, but that is because I have such a bad sense of direction. I hope I can find my way around California. Not in a million years would I have thought I'd be living here. 
I always tell myself how unreal everything seems, like a dream. Growing up into an adult is such an adventure. I've finally discovered myself, and feel like I am on solid ground. There are times when I feel weak and vulnerable and I can't find strength in myself. I have to realize that this life I am living is real, and I cannot go among it feeling like it's just a surreal happening. I have to be the strong woman I know I am, and go for the opportunities that will make me even stronger. That the strength I find, is from Christ, and I need to identify myself in Him daily.
Matthew has been such a sweetheart to me. I need to reflect more on how thankful I am for what I have, because that is what makes me happy, not wanting the things I do not have.
He listens to everything my heart has to say, and he accepts and loves me for who I am.
I am so blessed.
Sometimes I worry so much of the past, and of the mistakes I've made, and I dwell on them. I forget that I am to be living here in the present, with who I am with and where I am. God listens to my prayers when I am frightened, even when I feel it is too hard to even pray because my mind is racing. He makes it easy, and I can always feel Him tugging me towards Him.

Matthew 11:28-30.
 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I don't have a whole lot to share with you about the wedding. I've been searching for the girls shoes...and that is enough to stress a girl out. But remember, it isn't about the cake, your hair, or the shoes...it's about your lives together, forever.
I hope your week has gone well.

With Love and Peace,
Lindsay

No comments: