Thursday, November 19, 2009

In the Holiday Spirit.


I have definitely been in the mood for the Holidays. Listening to Christmas music from a radio station over the internet broadcasting from Springfield. All the way from Santa Barbara, CA. Yes, KOSP 105.1, you have helped made this holiday season a little brighter for me.
I've been making quite a few desserts lately, and listening to Christmas music. It's usually always sunny here, a little chilly, but the palm trees throw my holiday spirit a little off. I guess I expect to look around and see more pine trees because it's such a habit from growing up in Springfield. Being here for about 4 months has definitely taken some getting used to. It's been emotionally, and mentally draining, but God has blessed us so so much. We have a young couples married group that we attend every wednesday evening, with three other couples. It is such a small group, but it has given us the ability to grow close to one another, and feel comfortable opening up when feeling vulnerable. God has already shown us so much through studying His word, listening, and trusting in Him throughout each week.
I am so thankful this season for new friends, and the ones back home still loving and supporting us every minute with their encouragement and prayers.

This week I was amazed by the power of prayer and what trusting in God can truly do. We can pray and pray and pray, and feel like nothing is changing. But when we pray and pray and really believe He can do ANYTHING & EVERYTHING, He will bless and bless.
I was reminded this last week at group of how important prayer is, and after having a rough week before then, it really spoke to me. So I prayed and prayed and trusted and believed God would bless and do what was best. I was patient, and spoke truth in Love to my husband, and within the week, I felt God working. I knew He was working, and He did.
How beautiful is our God. So beautiful.

Last night at group, I was shown the chapter of Psalms 91 about fear, and it is absolutely powerful. So, I want to share it with you.
Security of the One Who Trusts in the LORD.


1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"
3For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
4He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
5You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
6Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
7A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
8You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
9For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
13You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you will trample down.
14"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15"He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16"With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation."


As far as decorating goes, I was reading through blogs and found a wonderful tutorial here.

I found this beautiful wreath and thought, "I SHOULD MAKE ONE!"


2 comments:

Justine said...

I want to make the wreath with you! I am so sad I couldn't come today.

Janae said...

I love to hear how you are getting settled into CA. I am also so glad that you are listen to our Christmas music station. I will think of you when I listen to it. I miss you so much and pray the Lord blesses you through the holidays. Did you make the wreath? I really want to make one, but I am a bit intimidated by it.