Friday, January 9, 2009

A Retro Feel.


The Knot's website has some pretty nifty ideas. Since our wedding is in the evening, at sunset, I would love to make lighting the most important decoration. The ceremony will be taking place outside in the old Firehouse downtown, and shortly after the reception will follow inside. Besides candlelight, I would love to have round rice paper lanterns in different sizes hanging in clusters from the ceiling. I really love the idea of illuminating the night by candle light and soft lanterns. 



Six months until our wedding, and I've gathered a few ideas for the brides maids. They'll be wearing green strapless dresses in knee length and carrying a bundle of white hydrangeas. The green in the feathers resemble the color of the dresses and I found these peacock feather clips from Urban Outfitters. And I thought they would give a cute retro feel to the bridesmaids. 



I feel as though my creativity has lingered and I need some inspiration. If you have any suggestions or comments I would Love them!



Love and Peace,

Lindsay


p.s .I'm very excited because I just got a phone call that my dress is in! I cannot wait to try it on in my size!


1 comment:

Blessed said...

WOW! You really do have a lot done! It was so nice to see you and Mr. Your colors are amazing.