Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fruitful.

We have so much to offer when we are living with the Holy Spirit; consumed by His word and wisdom.
This week I learned a lot with The Riders, who have taken us into their home as married couples and have been showing us God's word. We've been reading and cutting apart Colossians and have learned of the many comparisons of it with how God calls us to live our lives in marriage.
I haven't ever read Colossians in that way. I don't think I have ever really dissected and compared the word in such a valuable way.
Even growing up in a Christian home all these years, at almost 22 years old I am learning so many different aspects of the actual application of the Word in my life. Moving to a new place, being a newlywed, meeting new people...those things have impacted my life; they've turned me around and upside down to have me dizzy and almost relearning what I have, but being able to apply it in a new way with all these new parts of my life.
Praise God for His Word, knowing we need His path and not our own in order to live a life worthy of His calling.

I have been thinking so much about what it means to be fruitful after our discussion wednesday evening. I don't think I have ever really dissected the meaning of living a fruitful life as a believer. We have the ability to be fruitful and to bless others with that fruit, God so graciously gives to those who trust Him. We have the ability to be so connected with our husbands or wives to the deepest level if we are following Christ. It all makes so much sense; to be selfless, Loving, and trusting. We do not follow Him because of what is in it for us, we follow because we Love Him. There are so many characteristics to living a fruitful life.

Colossians 1:3,9-12

3We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you...

9For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

10so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously

12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

I desire to live a life worthy of His calling. I desire to give an abundant fruitful life to Christ, and to serve with utmost gladness. I feel like I don't always do my part in studying God's word to be fruitful for others. By that I mean, I know I need to live by the Holy Spirit and be in God's word everyday in order to have wisdom for other's gain.

What part of your life do you wish to be more fruitful?

With Love&Peace,
Lindsay

1 comment:

Janae Hardy Photography said...

Lindsay, Thank you for the encouraging words. I should read Colossians again with the marriage mind set. So cool! So glad to hear that you and Matt have good people to encourage you both in the Word. That is a priceless gift. I love you and miss you lots!